Buddha Birth Day Festival 2021
Brisbane’s signature Buddha Birth Day Festival is coming to the City of Logan this year on Friday to Sunday, 14 to 16 May 2021. The festival celebrates Australia’s harmony and diversity, which for 24 years has been held in the Southbank parklands.
This year the festival will be held at Chung Tian Temple. Nestled in a serene forest, the Temple provides a fantastic setting in which cultural traditions, meditation techniques and religious ceremonies can be celebrated.
The festival includes unique experiences such as traditional Chinese tea ceremonies, multicultural performances, meditation, vegetarian food stalls, Buddhist talks, Baby Blessing ceremony and much more!
Entrance to the Buddha Birth Day Festival is free and open to the whole family at the Chung Tian Buddhist Temple.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family for a fun filled day out.
Buddha Birth Day Festival will operate in compliance with an approved COVID Safe Event Plan. To ensure public safety, several COVID-safe measures will be in place, including a mandatory free pre-registration process.
Below are the COVID-safe measures that will be in place at the festival:
1. Prior to attending the event, all adults must register and obtain a ticket. During registration, you will provide your contact details (to assist with contact tracing if required) and select the desired attendance day and activities where applicable.
2. For members of the same family living in one address, one adult can register for everyone (including other adults and children) using one set of contact details, and a list of full names of all family members.
3. All individuals must wear a face mask prior to entering the event. Children under 12 years old or people with a medical condition or disability who will be impaired by wearing a face mask are exempt.
4. All attendees (or groups of) must “check in” at the event entrance by allowing staff to scan your ticket (on phone or print).
5. All attendees must maintain at least 1.5 metres from others outside of your family or social group within the event grounds.
6. If you are feeling unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be allowed entry into the event, or be asked to leave and advised to visit the nearest COVID-19 testing facility.
7. Sanitising stations will be available in every room/hall and outdoor activity areas.
8. Site maps with the location of the First Aid office will be on display throughout the event grounds.